Flying Scotsman

Vessel Name on Arrival: 
Cambrian
Vessel Type: 
Tug
GRT: 
177
Draught For'd: 
4' 6"
Draught Aft: 
7' 0"
Year Built: 
1898
Arrival Date: 
16/01/1951
Breakup Started: 
18/01/1951
Date First Beaching: 
23/01/1951
Breakup Completed: 
07/03/1951
Original Builder: 
J.P. Rennoldson & Sons, South Shields
Original Yard No.: 
188
Name Changes: 

12-09-1898  :  Launched as the Paddle Tug FLYING SCOTSMAN for the Clyde Shipping Company
(This was to be the last steam paddle tug built for the Clyde Shipping Company)
 
13-05-1948  :  Sold to Christopher & Richard Jennings of London for conversion to a yacht, and renamed CAMRIAN

Other Information: 

Iron construction Steam Paddle Tug in the service for the Clyde Shipping Company for fifty years
 
Launched on 12-09-1898
 
Dimensions  :  118.0 feet  x  20.1 feet  x  10.1 feet
 
SL 1-Cylinder Steam Engine manufactured by the Builder and developed 90 NHP / 400 IHP
 
Tonnages  :  177 GRT    29 NRT
 
Cost new  :  £ 4,650
 
25th August through 16th October 1939  :  In War Department's service
 
13-05-1948  :  Sold for conversion to a yacht, but subsequently abandoned in Oban.
 

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-9933079004460812"
data-ad-slot="3593922096"
data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

ClydeMaritime is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer