Walney

Vessel Name on Arrival: 
Walney
Vessel Type: 
Tug
Official Number: 
114227
GRT: 
204
Draught For'd: 
4' 3"
Draught Aft: 
6' 6"
Year Built: 
1904
Arrival Date: 
24/11/1952
Breakup Started: 
24/11/1952
Date First Beaching: 
29/11/1952
Breakup Completed: 
10/02/1953
Original Builder: 
J. P. Rennoldson & Sons of South Shields
Original Yard No.: 
227
Name Changes: 

1904  :  Furness Railway Company, Barrow
1922  :  London Midland & Scottish Railway Company
1947  :  British Transport Commission
1949  :  British Transport Docks Board
1950  :  Transferred to Docks & Inland Waterways Executive
1952  :  Arrived at Troon for breaking up

Other Information: 

Steam Paddle-Tug   :   2-cylinder engine rated at 66 RHP driving paddles
 
Dimensions  :  120 feet  x  21.1 feet  x  10.0 feet
 
Launched in the fourth quarter of 1903 and completed in April of 1904
 
The vessel was equipped with accommodation in the Fore Saloon for a small number of passengers, someitmes serving in the role of a ferry, sometimes as an excursion vessel, and also for taking parties to witness launchings.
 

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-9933079004460812"
data-ad-slot="3593922096"
data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

ClydeMaritime is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer