X.128

Class: 
105.5 foot, powered; Nos X.1 - X.200
Launch Date: 
1915
Builder: 
Goole Sbdg. & Repairing Co., Goole
Yard No: 
190
Engine: 
CAMP
Screws: 
?

Completed as water carrier FLAGON

1947 first registered as FLAGON (Southampton, ON.167939), owner not yet identified

1948 Ham Lighterage Co. Ltd., London

1948/1950 period re-engined with M4cyl 131bhp by Ruston & Hornsby, Lincoln

From Bill Rutland: Flagon was owned by The Ham Lighterage Company and was powered by a 4 Cylinder 120HP Ruston VCBM. She traded as a sand barge. She was sold to Albert Rutland in 1961 and the traded in general cargo until she was broken up. In the late seventies a Maclaren 6 cylinder engine was fitted.

Broken up at Bow Creek in 1992.

Photo from Bill Rutland
Photo from Bill Rutland
From Ian Hardie, arriving at Brightlingsea on 31/5/1983 to load sand
From Ian Hardie, arriving at Brightlingsea on 31/5/1983 to load sand
From Ian Hardie, arriving at Brightlingsea on 31/5/1983 to load sand
From Ian Hardie, arriving at Brightlingsea on 31/5/1983 to load sand
From Ian Hardie, sailing from Brightlingsea on 01/6/1983
From Ian Hardie, sailing from Brightlingsea on 01/6/1983

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-9933079004460812"
data-ad-slot="3593922096"
data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

ClydeMaritime is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer