Vessel name on Arrival: Alynbank
Original Builder: Harland & Wolff, Govan, Glasgow
Original Yard No: 676 g
Official Number: 148844
Vessel Type: Cargo
Year Built: 1925
Arrival Date: 05/03/1946
Breakup Started: 06/03/1946
Date First Beached: 14/06/1946
Date Breakup Completed: 21/11/1946
Draught For’d: 14' 10"
Draught Aft: 15' 10"
Twin-Screw motorship for Andrew Weir & Company's Bank Line
Launched : 15/01/1925
Completed : 26/03/1925
Requisitioned by the Admiralty in 1939 and served as an A.A. ship
Served with the M.O.W.T. from 1941
On 09/06/1944 she was scuttled at Normandy as part of the Gooseberry No. 3 Harbour at Gold Beach, Arromanches. She was raised in December 1945 and towed to Troon for demolition, arriving at the West of Scotland Shipbreaking facility there on 05/03/1946.