Arkwright

Vessel name on Arrival: Red Charger

Original Builder: Cook, Welton & Gemmell of Beverley, Hull

Original Yard No: 549

Official Number: 162198

Vessel Type: trawler

GRT: 369

Year Built: 1930

Arrival Date: 02/06/1955

Breakup Started: 14/06/1955

Date First Beached: 01/07/1955

Date Breakup Completed: 26/11/1955

Draught For’d: 5' 6"

Draught Aft: 15' 6"

Name Changes:

 

1930  :  Completed as S.S. Arkwright for F & T Ross of Hull – Registration Mark H-314

1939  :  Requisitioned by Admiralty for war service – minesweeper – under Pennant FY 653

1945  :  Returned to Owners

1946  :  Name changed to S.S. Red Charger when acquired by Iago Steam Trawlers, Fleetwood

1946  :  Hull registry closed and re-registered LO 460

1955  :  Acquired by J. Marr & Son of Hull then sold for breaking at WSSCL / Troon

Other Information:

 

30-07-1930  :  Launched

10-09-1930  :  Completed

 

Dimensions  :  143.6 feet  x  24.5 feet  x  13.2 feet

 

Propulsion  :  3-Cylined triple-expansion steam reciprocating engine by C. D. Holmes & Coy., Hull

 

Capacity and Vessel Speed  :  96 NHP / 10 knots