Vessel name on Arrival: Cicero
Original Builder: Cochrane & Sons of Selby, Yorkshire
Original Yard No: 762
Official Number: 146439
Vessel Type: trawler
Year Built: 1922
Arrival Date: 18/02/1948
Breakup Started: 20/02/1948
Date First Beached: 25/02/1948
Date Breakup Completed: 09/03/1948
Draught For’d: 6' 0"
Draught Aft: 9' 0"
September 1921 : Trawler/Drifter launched as BIOTA for John McCann of Hull. (Pickering & Haldane's Steam Trawling Company Ltd., Hull)
23-01-1922 : Vessel completed.
21-02-1922 : Transferred to Pickering & Haldane's Steam Trawling Company Limited (Managers John McCann and Edward Cartwright) and registered at Hull – H 425.
March 1925 : Sold to Soc. Anon. Armement Ostendais of Ostend.
26-03-1925 : Hull registration closed, Ostend registration taken out (O 234) and vessel renamed Paul Pastur
06-02-1936 : Vessel registered at Lowestoft (LT 141) and renamed Cicero
NRT : 35 tons
GRT : 97 tons
Dimensions : 85.2 feet x 19.1 feet x 9.0 feet
Engine : Compound 2-Cylinder manufactured by the International Engine Works, Amherst, Nova Scotia.
Boilers : Manufactured by the International Engine Works, Amherst, Nova Scotia.
( All machinery installed was new in 1917 and is ex-Canadian wooden Amiralty Drifter – Reg. No. CD.24 )
03-04-1925 : Vessel arrived at Ostend in company with Fernand Hardyns – Reg. No. O – 235
14-06-1930 : Vessel laid up
06-02-1936 : Vessel sold to the Jubilee Fishing Company Limited of Lowestoft (A.S. Ling – Manager)
13-07-1936 : Vessel registered at Lowestoft (LT 141) and renamed CICERO
1937 – 1941 : Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood – Lowestoft Fish Selling Company – Managing Agents.
12-11-1941 : Sold to Berry's (Stranraer) Limited, Stranraer ( Manager – James Berry )
03-12-1941 : Lowestoft registry closed – "no longer used for fishing"
15-08-1943 : Vessel requisitioned for War Service with Ministry of Air Production – Manager Berry's of Stranraer
1945 : Vessel returned to Owner
1948 : Vessel sold for breaking up