Vessel name on Arrival: Ballycarry
Original Builder: Scott of Bowling
Original Yard No: 242
Official Number: 132042
Vessel Type: coaster
Year Built: 1913
Arrival Date: 29/01/1954
Breakup Started: 25/02/1954
Date First Beached: 06/03/1954
Date Breakup Completed: 13/05/1954
Draught For’d: 5' 0"
Draught Aft: 10' 0"
1913 : Launched as S.S. COMBER for John Kelly Limited of Belfast
1952 : Name changed to S.S. BALLYCARRY – without change of ownership
Cargo coasting vessel for British and Irish trading ports
02-09-1913 : Launched
Sept. 1913 : Completed
Propulsion : Compound Steam Engine
Speed : 8.5 knots
Dimensions : 48.8 metres x 7.8 metres
Arrived at the West of Scotland Shipbreaking facility, Troon, Aytshire, in January 1954 for demolition.
[ Image below shows the vessel as the S.S. Comber ]