Vessel name on Arrival: Cambrian
Original Builder: J.P. Rennoldson & Sons, South Shields
Original Yard No: 188
Vessel Type: tug
Year Built: 1898
Arrival Date: 16/01/1951
Breakup Started: 18/01/1951
Date First Beached: 23/01/1951
Date Breakup Completed: 07/03/1951
Draught For’d: 4' 6"
Draught Aft: 7' 0"
12-09-1898 : Launched as the Paddle Tug FLYING SCOTSMAN for the Clyde Shipping Company
(This was to be the last steam paddle tug built for the Clyde Shipping Company)
13-05-1948 : Sold to Christopher & Richard Jennings of London for conversion to a yacht, and renamed CAMRIAN
Iron construction Steam Paddle Tug in the service for the Clyde Shipping Company for fifty years
Launched on 12-09-1898
Dimensions : 118.0 feet x 20.1 feet x 10.1 feet
SL 1-Cylinder Steam Engine manufactured by the Builder and developed 90 NHP / 400 IHP
Tonnages : 177 GRT 29 NRT
Cost new : £ 4,650
25th August through 16th October 1939 : In War Department's service
13-05-1948 : Sold for conversion to a yacht, but subsequently abandoned in Oban.