Vessel name on Arrival: W. D. Delta
Original Builder: Lobnitz Marine of Renfrew, Clydeside
Original Yard No: 855
Vessel Type: dredger
Year Built: 1920
Arrival Date: 01/12/1972
Date First Beached:
Date Breakup Completed:
Draught For’d: 6' 0"
Draught Aft: 7' 4"
1920 : Hopper-barge launched as GWC No. 12 for the General Works Construction Company of London
1923 : Ownership changed to S. Pearsons & Sons, London
1925 : Ownership changed to the Manchester Ship Canal Company and name changed to M.C.C. DELTA
1954 : Ownership changed to Westminster Dredging Company Ltd and name changed to W. D. DELTA
Hopper-Barge Built as GWC No. 12 by Lobnitz Marine in 1920 for the General Works Construction Company, London
Length : 160.2 feet (48.77 metres)
Width : 30.7 feet ( 9.65 metres)
Depth : 5.5 feet ( 3.58 metres)
Tonnage : 456 tons
Propulsion : 2 x Paxman Ricardo 12-cylinder V12 oil engines giving a vessel speed of 8 knots.
Re-engined in 1954 with 2 x 4 SA 12-cylinder engines each delivering 600 BHP
Sent to the West of Scotland Shipbreaking facility at Troon for demolition in December 1972