Vessel name on Arrival: Halcyon
Original Builder: Henry Carr of Hessle, Hull
Original Yard No: 139
Vessel Type: sailing
Year Built: 1903
Arrival Date: 22/07/1966
Breakup Started: 14/12/1966
Date First Beached: 31/07/1966
Date Breakup Completed: 15/03/1967
Draught For’d: 1' 6"
Draught Aft: 6' 0"
Designed as a two-masted Leeboard Ketch rigged for sails on behalf of M. Aaron of Hull.
Launched on 02-03-1903 and completed in June 1903.
Dimensions : 84' 4" in length x 20' 0" beam.
Bui;lt on the lines of a Humber 'Billy Boy'
In later years, acquired by E. H. Pudney of Brightlingsea, Essex and later Great Yarmouth.
In 1929 she was fitted out with a two-cylinder oil engine manufactured by Danz of Cologne.
In 1938, this engine was replaced with a 1935-built four-cylinder engine manufactured by National Gas & Oil
In 1951, the vessel was in the ownership of Captain William McMillan of Campbeltown, but at that time was still registered out of Hull.
In 1959 her port of registration was Irvine in North Ayrshire.
In July 1966 her owner, Captain McMillan, retired and the vessel was sent to the breakers at Troon.
Her National diesel engine was removed and fitted in the Puffer SITKA