Sterndale

Vessel name on Arrival: Glitra

Glitra - 1910

Original Builder: Richardson-Duck & Company, Stockton

Original Yard No: 607

Official Number: 127074

Vessel Type: Cargo

GRT: 2925

Year Built: 1910

Arrival Date: 08/02/1937

Breakup Started:

Date First Beached:

Date Breakup Completed:

Draught For’d:

Draught Aft:

Name Changes:

Built as Sterndale for Lucas & Company   (Dale Steam Shipping Company of Bristol)

August 1914  :  Requisitioned by Admiralty for service as a collier.   Renamed Collier No. 119

September 1917  :  Sold to Fargrove S.S. Company Ltd of London, without change of name

November 1917  :  Sold to Haenton Steamship Company of Cardiff, without change of name

December 1917  :  Renamed Greldale

February 1918  :  Sold to Christian Salvesen, by Haenton Steamship Company of Cardiff, and name retained

May 1919  :  Vessel released into commercial service

August 1919  :   renamed Glitra by Salvesen

October 1936  :  Sold to Carrick Shipping Company of Glasgow without change of name

Other Information:

Launched  :  24/01/1910                 1,150 IHP providing a speed  9 knots                  Completed :  February 1910

3 Cylinder Triple-Expansion Steam Reciprocating Engine, manufactured by Messrs Blair & Company of Stockton

Served as a Naval Coasting Coaling Barge for the Admiralty from 1914 through 1917

Laid up by Salvesen in 1935

Sold off to Carrick Shipping Company of Glasgow in 1936 and arrived at Troon for breaking up in February 1937