Vessel name on Arrival: Tulip
Original Builder: Executors of T. A. Walker of Sudbrook, Severn, Monmouthshire
Original Yard No: 60
Official Number: 109422
Vessel Type: tankcleaningship
Year Built: 1897
Arrival Date: 20/08/1964
Breakup Started: 21/10/1964
Date First Beached: 16/02/1965
Date Breakup Completed: 26/01/1968
Draught For’d: 6' 9"
Draught Aft: 9' 9"
Built as a Suction Hopper-Dredger for Wallasey Town Council – launched on 30-09-1897.
Length : 158' 7" (48.8 mts.) Breadth : 27' 0" (8.3 mts.)
Used for deepening the River at New Brighton and Egremont, later on hire to various other Authorities.
Later under-used then sold off, in 1934, to Grayson, Rollo & Clover Docks, near Cammell Laird's shipyard, Birkenhead.
Later converted to tank-cleaning ship, registered at Liverpool, under the ownership of British Wheeler Process Limited of Liverpool to join their fleet of tank-cleaning vessels.
Triple Expansion Steam Reciprocating Engine.