Vessel name on Arrival: Walney
Original Builder: J. P. Rennoldson & Sons of South Shields
Original Yard No: 227
Official Number: 114227
Vessel Type: tug
Year Built: 1904
Arrival Date: 24/11/1952
Breakup Started: 24/11/1952
Date First Beached: 29/11/1952
Date Breakup Completed: 10/02/1953
Draught For’d: 4' 3"
Draught Aft: 6' 6"
1904 : Furness Railway Company, Barrow
1922 : London Midland & Scottish Railway Company
1947 : British Transport Commission
1949 : British Transport Docks Board
1950 : Transferred to Docks & Inland Waterways Executive
1952 : Arrived at Troon for breaking up
Steam Paddle-Tug : 2-cylinder engine rated at 66 RHP driving paddles
Dimensions : 120 feet x 21.1 feet x 10.0 feet
Launched in the fourth quarter of 1903 and completed in April of 1904
The vessel was equipped with accommodation in the Fore Saloon for a small number of passengers, someitmes serving in the role of a ferry, sometimes as an excursion vessel, and also for taking parties to witness launchings.