Class: 105.5 foot, powered; Nos X.1 - X.200
Launch Date: 1915
Builder: J. T. Eltringham & Co., Willington Quay, Tyne
Yard No: 321
Converted to a tanker on completion and renamed SHRIMP.
06/1920 sold to M. S. Hilton, London
07/1922 BOTLEY, James Dredging, Towage & Transport Co. Ltd., London
11/1926 SAUNTER, F. T. Everard & Sons
1927 re-engined with a 2 cyl. by Plenty & Son Ltd., Newbury
1938 re-engined with a 2 cyl. by Newbury Diesel Co. Ltd.
08/1946 sold to W. G. S. Crouch & Sons Ltd., Greenhithe
03/1970 broken up at Greenhithe by her owners.
X.001 – X.200: 105.5 foot, powered
X.201 – X.225: 98 foot, powered
DX.001 – DX.025: 98 foot, dumb
MISC.001 – MISC.003: Vessels believed to be former X-lighters, origins untraced
‘BOL’ = 2 cyl. ‘hot bulb’ oil engine by J. & C. G. Bolinders Co., Stockholm
‘SVE’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by J. V. Svensin, Augustendal (Avance design)
‘BEAR’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Wm. Beardmore & Co., Dalmuir</p>
‘CAMP’ = 2 cyl. ‘hot bulb’ oil engine by The Campbell Gas Engine Co. Ltd., Halifax
‘PLE’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Plenty & Son, Newbury (Kromhout design)
‘SKAN’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Skandia