Name: X.128

Class: 105.5 foot, powered; Nos X.1 - X.200

Launch Date: 1915

Builder: Goole Sbdg. & Repairing Co., Goole

Yard No: 190

Engine: CAMP

Screws: ?

Other Information:

Completed as water carrier FLAGON

1947 first registered as FLAGON (Southampton, ON.167939), owner not yet identified

1948 Ham Lighterage Co. Ltd., London

1948/1950 period re-engined with M4cyl 131bhp by Ruston & Hornsby, Lincoln

From Bill Rutland: Flagon was owned by The Ham Lighterage Company and was powered by a 4 Cylinder 120HP Ruston VCBM. She traded as a sand barge. She was sold to Albert Rutland in 1961 and the traded in general cargo until she was broken up. In the late seventies a Maclaren 6 cylinder engine was fitted.

Broken up at Bow Creek in 1992.


X-Lighter Classes/numbering:

X.001 – X.200: 105.5 foot, powered

X.201 – X.225: 98 foot, powered

DX.001 – DX.025: 98 foot, dumb

MISC.001 – MISC.003: Vessels believed to be former X-lighters, origins untraced

Engine Abbreviations:

‘BOL’ = 2 cyl. ‘hot bulb’ oil engine by J. & C. G. Bolinders Co., Stockholm

‘SVE’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by J. V. Svensin, Augustendal (Avance design)

‘BEAR’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Wm. Beardmore & Co., Dalmuir</p>

‘CAMP’ = 2 cyl. ‘hot bulb’ oil engine by The Campbell Gas Engine Co. Ltd., Halifax

‘PLE’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Plenty & Son, Newbury (Kromhout design)

‘SKAN’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Skandia