Class: 105.5 foot, powered; Nos X.1 - X.200
Launch Date: 1915
Builder: Wm. Beardmore & Co., Dalmuir
Yard No: 533D
06/1920 sold to M. S. Hilton as agent.
From Bill Rutland: X157-9? was owned by Nobby Stickens from Queenborough and towards the end of her life had a 6 cylinder Perkins fitted.
X.001 – X.200: 105.5 foot, powered
X.201 – X.225: 98 foot, powered
DX.001 – DX.025: 98 foot, dumb
MISC.001 – MISC.003: Vessels believed to be former X-lighters, origins untraced
‘BOL’ = 2 cyl. ‘hot bulb’ oil engine by J. & C. G. Bolinders Co., Stockholm
‘SVE’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by J. V. Svensin, Augustendal (Avance design)
‘BEAR’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Wm. Beardmore & Co., Dalmuir</p>
‘CAMP’ = 2 cyl. ‘hot bulb’ oil engine by The Campbell Gas Engine Co. Ltd., Halifax
‘PLE’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Plenty & Son, Newbury (Kromhout design)
‘SKAN’ = 2 cyl. oil engine by Skandia